The Muslim Bride Quick Wedding Checklist
AsalaamuAlaikum Everyone and a Happy New Year! We are back from our brief sabbatical. As mentioned earlier on our Facebook page, we have not forgotten about you! We just got extremely busy planning the December wedding for one of our sisters who is also a member of ‘The Muslim Bride’ team. Alhumdulilah everything went well. InshaAllah we will try to share our experiences and pictures for different wedding related events in a series of featured posts in the upcoming weeks.
Before we move on, we just want to say congratulations to all the newly weds and new groom and brides to be whose weddings are coming up in 2012. May this year bring lots of peace and happiness for all of you InshaAllah.
So one thing we realized during our wedding planning process is that there are quite a few details one has to take care of. What will really help you keep your sanity and stay focused is a calendar and lots of checklists! To help you get started, we will provide you with a basic list of items and some tips from past brides you might want to consider depending on the scale and amount of cultural traditions or events you want to incorporate in your wedding.
The Muslim Bride’s Quick Wedding Checklist
- Guest List
- Imam for Nikah ceremony
- Party Favors
- Floral & Décor
- Stage Furniture if not provided by venue
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Cake
- Music –DJ
- Bridal Suite
For Bride And Female Family Members And Friends
- Outfit, purse and shoes
- Jewelry and accessories such as bangles
- Beauty Treatments – Facials, grooming etc.
- Hair and Makeup
- Dupatta or Bridal Hijab setup person
- Bridal Bouquet
Here Are Some Extra Special Tips For All The Brides
- Having a chauffer for the bride (friend, sister or someone) who can take her around for different trials and appointments comes handy.
- Setting phone alarms as reminders for appointments really helps.
- For pedicure and manicure, if you have more than one outfit remember that nail polish would need to be changed. Consider which day what color!
- For traditional Duppata setting you will need to invest in lots of pins.
- For all the appointments, you should call them way in advance. A month is good and don’t forget to write down or set a reminder on your calendar on your smart phone.
- Don’t do any beauty treatments too close to your wedding in case you get a reaction.
- Make a time table for all the series of appointments scheduled to take place on the day of the events. Include bridal photography and traveling time on the schedule as well.
- Try to finish all the errands a week before your wedding so you can relax and enjoy the week off! And drink lots of water and smile!
If other experienced brides out there would like to share some more tips or suggest more essential items for the checklist, then please do leave a comment. We would love to hear from you!